17 Feb 5 tips to overcome an overwhelming situation
Recently we walked through our favourite organsing technique and taught you how to do the MOON walk. Right now you might be feeling overwhelmed by a mountain of memories. If you are not sure where to start the process of making sure your precious memories are safe, here are our top 5 tips to dealing with an overwhelming situation.
1. Bite size pieces
- Eating the elephant
- The trick is to eat that elephant one bite at a time. This means small steps of continuous and never-ending improvement.
2. Remember WHY
- When we are feeling #overwhelmed, our mind becomes clouded by the task at hand, and by the thoughts that cause us to feel stressed in the first place. When you start out, ask yourself, what is the most important thing for me? How do I want to feel? Why am I doing this?
- Don’t get so caught up in the DOING, that you forget WHY you are doing it.
- Grab a piece of paper and write down WHY you want to protect your photos? How do you want to feel? We welcome you to share those with us in comments below (satisfied, organised, secure and safe).
3. Step away
- You can’t get away from feeling overwhelmed when you are in a place of overwhelming confusion. You have to step away to be able to view your circumstances from a fresh perspective.
- Move to a different room, get up from your desk, sit in a different chair, go out for a walk or go sit in a café. Stepping out from the current situation and changing your physicality will help you gain clarity, and shift you away from your overwhelmed state of mind.
4. Make a list
- Whenever we are feeling overwhelmed, there is likely a lot going on inside our head. Ideas and thoughts swimming in our minds, cluttering up our mental space. The best thing to do is to dump these cluttering thoughts out on a list.
- How many of you have a note pad beside your bed for this purpose? Try it and see how it can help unburden you of a load of overwhelming thoughts.
5. Ask for Help and Allow Help
- You’d be amazed at how many people are willing to help. Often, we are the problem that is disallowing help from happening through our limited thinking. We think they will say no, and so we don’t ask.
- Just give it a try. Ask for help, and be prepared to be amazed at the generosity that others are willing to provide.
- You can book in a FREE discovery call with us to learn more about the best way we can help
And of course don’t forget to breathe
Read more about anxiety cures or speak to your medical professional for more help – remember ASK and ALLOW HELP
Have a magical day