10 Apr Your photos are like buried treasure
Last year someone told me that as a professional photo organiser I was like a pirate hunting for buried treasure and the treasures we helped uncover are precious photo memories. It was something that really appealed to me so I dug out this old snap of me as a pirate at my treasure hunt themed hen’s party to share with you.
Like any pirate worth his salt would tell you, a good treasure map is essential when you are searching for hidden treasure, so we created this list as your treasure map. It is not only a guide to where you might look but what you are looking for as your photo treasures come in different shapes and sizes.
WHERE ARE YOUR PRINTED PHOTOS HIDING?
- Boxes/shoe boxes/suitcases
- In frames
- Slides/negatives/undeveloped film
WHERE ARE YOUR DIGITAL PHOTOS STORED?
- Digital cameras
- Smart phones
- Tablets/kids toys
- Video cameras/Action cameras e.g. Go Pro
- External hard drives
- USB thumb drives
- SD cards
- Laptops and desktop computers
- CDs and DVDs
- Cloud storage e.g. Apple iCloud, Google Photos, Microsoft OneDrive
- Shared sites e.g. Facebook, Instagram, email attachments
You can download this list as a checklist (treasure map) below